The Alcohol Prior Certification Request Form must be completed for on-campus Georgia Tech events and off-campus events where students are invited, and alcoholic beverages will be served. Prior approval is required. Please submit the completed form at least 7 business days before the event date. When students are invited, this process will include a mandatory review and approval by the Office of the Dean of Students.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THIS REQUEST?
A Georgia Tech faculty or staff member.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST
- Please review the Campus Alcohol and the Employee Alcohol and Illegal Drug Use Policy.
- You will need to contact the Building Manager where you will have the event before you can complete your request. See list of building managers.
- An event with 100 participants or greater may require Georgia Tech Police presence. Contact the Georgia Tech Police for special event security.
- If you've received approval and event details change (e.g., location, time, measures to control consumption, alcohol service, etc.), you are required to notify Alcohol Request Coordinators at email@example.com.
- Alcohol service must be provided by a licensed bartender or a server with eTIPS certification. A copy of eTIPS certification for the server is required to be uploaded with this form. Per Georgia Tech’s Campus Alcohol policy, a designated responsible employee must be identified. Policy reference: “All Georgia Tech events held on-campus must have a designated responsible full-time Georgia Tech employee who is present during the entire event. This can be a member of the faculty, staff, or a campus police officer.”
- Compliance with all applicable laws and policies is required for all events, whether on or off campus.
- Regardless of past approvals for annual events, all requests are reviewed individually and approvals are issued on an event-by-event basis.
- Once the event is approved, you will receive an email outlining Georgia Tech procedures to be followed.